Frank Cook (1892 – 1917 ) lived at 73 Albert Street when he went to North School and after he left in 1906 to work as a butcher.
Frank became a corporal in the London Divisional Signals Company of the Royal Engineers. He died in a casualty clearing station in June 1917, and is buried at Duisans Cemetery where his headstone reads “Until the day break”. Frank is also remembered on the roll of honour in St Peter’s Church, North Hill.
1894 – 1903 Admission Register
1903 – 1913 Admission Register
UK, Soldiers Died in the Great War, 1914-1919